Friday, April 3, 2009

The best Macaroon in the world are made by Pierre Hermes, well that is my opinion, you may not agree. Ten plus years of baking, I have come to realise, that the fewer ingredients a receipe calls for, the harder it is to make.

I first made the Passion Fruit Filling.

Then took on the task of making my Macaroons.

Followed the receipe to a T, carefully spooned the batter into my pastry bag, and away I went. I treated these macaroon like a new born baby " with such tenderness and care" there was no popping it into the oven, it was placed gently, and the door was closed with such ease.

After 20mins I removed my baby..I mean the macaroons from the oven, and whalahhhhhh. Of course they do not come close to the perfect Hermes little jewels, but I was still proud of my first try.


No comments: